This does not have to be your experience.
There are many resources available for parents to help their children live drug-free lives.
The Partnership at Drugfree.org is a great place to start. Learn how to be an advocate for your child at http://www.drugfree.org/.
Another national resources is SAMHSA’s Underage Drinking Campaign: “Talk They Hear You.” — There are tons of helpful resources for parents at this site! You’re not alone.
Here is something to keep handy. Times have changed. So have the drugs. Read this chart to know what’s available to your children. Drug Guide for Parents: Learn the Facts — Download the Chart
If you’re looking for video resources, consider these informative clips.
Snooping is Responsible Parenting. Really, it’s okay!
If you suspect your child is using drugs, you must intervene with absolute dedication.
Here is a short list of informative articles all parents should read:
- Early Exposure to Alcohol, Even in Sips can Lead to Abuse Later in Life
- One-Fourth of Teens Have Misused or Abused Prescription Drugs at Least Once
- 23% of Teens SurveyedAdmit to Driving Under Influence of Alcohol or Drugs
- 10 Ways to Trick Your Teen into a Healthy, Drug-Free Lifestyle
- Parents Have more Influence Over Their Children Than Friends, Music, TV, the Internet, and Celebrities. Find out More.
- Do you think — or Know — That Your Child is Using Drugs or Alcohol? Find out how to Intervene.
- How do I Find a Treatment Program for my Child. Find out how to get Treatment.
- Are You Aware of the Social Hosting Consequences in Wisconsin?